Monday, December 29, 2014

Holiday Post #3- Modtone Aqua Chorus

Ok, so I love the Buzz Boy. I was eager to try out their other pedals. I'm going to cut out any suspense and say this is nowhere near as good. Oh, it's still a decent chorus- but that's all it is. It's voiced similarly to, and functions like a Boss CE-2. So, considering you can easily purchase it for much less than the CE-2, and it definitely looks cooler than the CE-2- so it's worth what it costs, and if you're looking for a perfunctory Chorus, here you go. I, however, am looking for magic. I was raised on Dave  Fielding and his Roland RE-301, and Geordie Walker and his Bell  ADT - both of which are basically high end delay units, but both of which had chorusing features. They say that tone is in the fingers, and yes, there's a lot of truth to that. But, closer to the truth is the notion that sound is created by humans finding a perfect tool for their purpose. So, I'm still looking for my magic tool. I partially have it- I have a Danelectro Fab Chorus that has the perfect amount of depth and sweep. It just has a volume boost and horrible form factor. I'm working on perfecting it- but, in the meantime, I'll try out anything. Between the Modtone and the Donner, I've got decent Chorus tones. Again, if that is what you seek, I would seek no further. So, call it a three out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment