Sunday, April 6, 2014

I'm Excited!

Some marriages are meant to be. I think this one is. Noisemaker Effects are now on Cheaper Pedals!  I think this should open some minds via their ears. I'm not claiming to be a market analyst or anything, but I think if the Joyo crowd gets into Noisemaker, it can only mean good things. See, the folks buying joyo pedals tend to be semi-working musicians. Guys playing in "Praise" bands on sunday morning, and girls in cheesey cover bands, who practice after a day working at the local Pre-K or call center. I might have the specifics slightly off, but I know I'm right in my direction. These are the people who get snubbed by the "Boutique" makers- an OCD pedal, a Klon Centaur, or a Strymon Blue Sky is not going to be marketed towards them. They can't justify 250 bucks for a pedal, when they get paid less than 20 bucks, if at all for their music- you know? Yet, I know these people- they're professional- and sometimes they're better musicians than the Rock Star that everybody wants as an endorsee. The snob factor ends up working both ways- these "blue collar" musicians tend to call the boutique folks "cork sniffers", while the Boutique folks call them Amateurs, or "garage" musicians. But, see I've been a working musician, and better yet, a sound engineer- I've worked with all of the above, and I can say that rare is the piece of equipment that can make you a better musician. Really, the difference between a Boss DS-1 and a Zvex Machine gets lost if you're playing on a 75 watt Line 6 amp, miked to a church PA, and even if you can hear the difference, you're still talking about a minute difference, when all you're playing is a four chord campfire song, you know? But that guy might want the Zvex for chasing down a tone, when he's playing for his own amusement. This is where Noisemaker comes in- Matt's stuff can do several shades of Big Muff, only better, and can do the Devi Ever "crazy fuzz", and can do a better version of the Memory Man than the TC Electronics Flashback. Because his stuff doesn't get higher than 120, that means that our man in the choir can afford to play around for his own amusement, and might just discover his muse, apart from trying to sound like Billy Corgan, you see? So, I'm totally ready to throw rice at this marriage! Best of luck to all involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment