Monday, April 7, 2014

The Serendipity was too much

So I mentioned that Noisemaker Pedals was on Cheaper Pedals? Well, I couldn't resist- I cashed in a discount, and got the Dead Hipster pedal. It feels good to support two good companies with the same purchase, and have you heard the sound clips on this thing? Low gain, but lots of top end with just a bit of grinding dirt. Imagine how that could combine with a high gain fuzz like the Donner Party, or with a darker voiced overdrive like an OCD, or my own Darmstadtium pedal? I can see this thing being a real mainstay on the rig. What it seems like is"garage band in a box" which really appeals to me. I will follow up with a review.
I know that I can get obsessive- I find a nice Ben Sherman striped shirt, and the next thing you know I'm a slightly more Anglophile version of this guy. But, there's something serendipitous about it- People don't know that Guitar Center was a front for Bain Capital, and now Ares . People don't know that Gibson has been busted for illegally harvesting endangered species, and is partnered with Onkyo . Most of the "good guys" are priced above what guys like me can afford ( and with good reason, mind you)- so finding that two of the "good guys" are working together? Yes, please. On top of that- I seriously hope that others get into Noisemaker Effects, because I think they sound great, and are not voiced in the typical "creamy" or 'screaming" or cliched way-but I'm nowhere near a great guitar player, and it'd be great to hear some really talented people approach the "Noisemaker" voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment