Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Next in Line

I can't review it, yet, but I got a new War Fuzz. It's a Noise Maker. So far, I'm here to tell you that both Matt & his company are pretty damn awesome. I will be saying more, because it's the fruit of an experiment I was doing, but that will come with the review which won't be for at least a week. Probably longer.  Needless to say, though, once again, I got the scoop.
You want to know how I do it? how I am ahead of the curve, all the time? How I know what the next new thing is, whether it be getting a CD before it's on shelves, or finding the best new restaurant trend, or whatever? It's really simple, and it's no trick- I talk to people. I send countless emails, I'm on the phone, I chat with folks in line at starbucks, you name it- I keep the lines of communication open. So it's not about just buying crap, or trendwatching or whatever it is that "cool hunters" do- I consider it all as part of a larger interaction with the world- and guess what? If you talk to folks, they talk back. If you express an interest, they respond to your interest. Next thing you know, you're invited to the party, you're on the mailing list, you're allowed to cut the line, and people start to think you've got something special- because you do- an actual human connection. So, I might be right, or I might be deluded, but I think Noisemaker are gonna be the next big deal in stompboxes- the next Earthquaker devices, or the next Dwarfcraft, at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment